College for boys Sant’Anselmo d’Aosta Padri Benedettini

Borgo Pipa, 5 - Parma (PR)

Phone: +39 0521235359


The college is temporarily closed.

The college, run by the Benedectine Fathers, gives hospitality only to male students for long stays. Available for guests 31 single rooms, 5 double rooms with shard bathroom. Among the facilities of the college: tv room, playground, kitchenette, library, football ground.

From time to time, in the week-ends it plays hosts to spiritual retreats, introduction to prayer and Liturgy, courses of Lectio divina and Bible, where kids, elderly people and artists are particularly welcome.

History: dedicated to St John the Evangelist, the Benedectine Monastery of Parma was founded by bishop Sigifredo II in 980. After joining the Congregation of St Giustina from Padua in 1477, the community of St John started a process of spiritual and material renovation. The old building was demolished and a new one built by the end of 1510. Throughout the centuries the monastery was occupied and devastated by German and French troops in 1700 and by Austrians and Italians in 1800 and closed several times, until it was brought to new life in 1920, when the Minister of war left the monks take possession fo the cloisters again.

More details and features: situated in the heart of the historical centre, the college is however a precious corner rich of green and art. A wing of the monastery, it is a place for cultural and spiritual meetings, with an indipendent entrance, open to groups and single people.

Opening: Seasonal

Dettaglio apertura: The college is open from 1 October to 30 June

Main equipments: Heating

Additional equipments:

Number of total rooms: 36
Number of total beds: 41
Number of bathrooms: 10

How to reach:

Located in the historical centre, inside the monastery of St John, a few minutes walk from Garibaldi square, behind the Cathedral.