The name Giarola has latin origins and means stoney place for its position along the river. The ancient medieval courtyard was a Benedectine monastery until 1800. Inside the courtyard there is the church of San Nicomede, of romanic origins. Nowadays this beautiful medieval place hosts the Museum of Tomato.
The restaurant offers traditional cuisine, pre-fixed menu and tasting on request. The venue is avalaible for ceremonies, banqueting and events. The seats are 250 indoor and 350 outdoor. English, French, German, Spanish spoken.
Opening: All year long
How to reach:
From Parma SS 62 direction Collecchio, once passed the village, at the end of the tangenziale, in Pontescodogna turn right and follow the directions, 23 km from the city.