Barezzi House

Via Roma, 119 - 43011 - Busseto (PR)

Phone: +39 0524931117

Opening times

from July 4, 2020 the Museum is open on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 12.30pm* and from 3pm to 6pm*.
On weekdays open only by reservation. Closed on Monday.
The museums is private property and then the times may change, please call in advance.

*Last entrance

Prices

full price euros 5,00; groups and over 65 euros 4,00; schools 2,00.
Combined tickets:
Verdi’s birthplace, Casa Barezzi and the Verdi theatre
euros 11,00 full price, concessions euros 9,50, schools euros 6,50. This ticket is available at the Tourist information office of Busseto and at the Verdi Birthplace.
Barezzi house and Villa Verdi
available at Barezzi house and it costs full price euros 11,00; concessions euros 9,00; schools euros 6,00.
Birthplace, Verdi Theatre, Casa Barezzi Museum, Renata Tebaldi Museum and Museo del Violino in Cremona
5 museums euro 14,00 (only for groups of minimum 15 people)
Birthplace, Casa Barezzi Museum and Museo del Violino in Cremona
3 museums euros 10,00 (only for schools in cultural trip – free for accompanying teachers)
Verdi Tourist Card holders are entitled to the reduced ticket at the Places of Verdi in Busseto and at the Museo del Violino in Cremona.

Casa Barezzi Busseto

Share

Antonio Barezzi was a wealthy merchant and great music lover who perceived very early Verdi’s talent and asked him to become the music teacher of his daughter Margherita. The first public appearance of the brilliant youth, in February 1830, was in the hall of his house in Busseto, the Salone Barezzi. The Salone later became the seat of the Busseto Philarmonic Society, founded by Barezzi and the conductor Ferdinando Provesi in 1816. During the months before moving to Milan in 1832 to complete his studies, financially supported not only by his father but also by Barezzi, Verdi lived in the Barezzi home, where his friendship with Margherita slowly became love. The hall, where concerts and conferences are held, appears to visitors today as it did in the late 19th century, after restoration works were carried out in 1979 and 1998 by the Friends of Verdi Association.

Top