Via Olma, 2 - 43038 - Sala Baganza (PR)
Phone: +39 0521836026
The Casinetto is open on Sunday afternoon from 3pm to 7pm in April, May, June, July and September and from 2.30 pm to 6pm in October and November. It is closed in the months of January, February, March, August and December.
On weekdays on request by calling +39 0521836026.
When Duchess Maria Amalia of Bourbon decided to move into the hunters lodge located in the Ducal Woods, making it a residence, she entrusted Petitot with refurbishment works. From 1775 to 1789, the french architect transformed the building into the Casino dei Boschi.
In 1819 Marie Louise from Austria bought the estate, introducing several changes to both the woods and the Casino. Architecht Bettoli, in charge of restoration works based on neoclassical style, added two wings and a long colonnade with a central Casinetto, including a bell tower and the small court theatre.
In the Casinetto are nowadays housed the offices of the park, an exhibition gallery, a meeting centre and a library. Concerts, art events and walks take place during the year in the Casinetto and sorrounding park.
The monumental garden is open to visitors with guided tours only, including the visit to the garden of the nearby Villa del Ferlaro. The monumental park in front of the Casinetto, was designed by Barvitius between 1821 and 1830 and still bears traces of English gardens patterns with centuries old trees, among which a yew and a sequoia.