Fontanellato is known by many tourists for the devotion to the Shrine of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
The Sanctuary is situated just outside the historical centre and attracts pilgrims from all over the world. It was built in 1913 by the architect Lamberto Cusani who also added the statues of the previous XVIth century church, while the modern façade is by the sculptor Ximenes. The aisles are in the early Baroque style, just like the impressive nave with barrel-vault, four lateral chapels, presbytery with a high dome, the chorus and the apse. The decorations of the vault, representing the Virgin Mary and S. Domenico were painted by P. Rubini. The image of the Virgin Mary, placed in the presbytery is worshipped by pilgrims and it was carved in 1615.