Via Galaverna, 36 - 43044 - Collecchio (PR)
Phone: +39 0521805333
open every day from 8am to 7pm.
Services every day at 6pm. On Sunday at 8m, 10am and 6pm.
The Parish dates back to the 11th century, originally erected in the form of a basilica with three naves and just as many apses, was later enlarged in the 13th century and underwent additional modifications in the 14-1500s and then again in the 1900s, when in 1922 the tall bell tower was constructed in the Lombardy Romanesque style.
Inside one can see the naves separated by columns and pilasters with interesting capitals from the initial phase (11th century), with decorations such as sirens with two tails and griffons, and from the following phase (13th century) and the 1500s.
There is a white marble wall relief of particular artistic relevance, above the baptismal basin, that depicts the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist in the River Jordan.Also noteworthy is the baptismal basin from the 13th century, made from limestone with intersecting arches in the low relief, located to the left of the entrance.