Piazza Repubblica, 1 - 43010 - Fontevivo (PR)
Phone: +39 0521610160
open every day from 8am to 12pm and from 2pm to 6.30pm.
Founded by the monks of Chiaravalle della Colomba in 1142 under the patronage of the noble Pallavicino family, the abbey was pillaged by the army of Frederick II in 1245 and was later entrusted to the Benedectines under the rule of the Farnese family.
Only the church still preserves its Romanesque features, except for the facade which was altered in the 15th century. The simple and austere interior is divided into three naves divided by stone pillars.
In a niche of the right nave is placed a statue of the Madonna with child now ascribed to Benedetto Antelami.
In the left transept is buried Ferdinand of Bourbon, a duke of Parma who died in Fontevivo on the 9th October 1802.