Viale della Rocca, 6 - 43018 Sissa
Phone: +39 0521527011 - 0521878337
From March, 20 open on Sunday and festivities with guides tours from 10am to 12pm.
Info and reservations: +39 347 4485947 and firstname.lastname@example.org
– 5,00 Euro;
– 3,00 Euro (children 6-10 years old);
– Free for children up to 5 years old.
The fortified complex in Sissa was likely built in the 14th century by the Terzi family who were owners of the feud and it had been attacked many times during the years, preserving the tower, standing above the two lower wings of the building that modified the former medieval structures. From the second half of the 16th century, the ancient walls were changed and readapted until the 18th century when they assumed the typical residence shape.
The interior presents decorations and frescoes, of considerable interest is the one of the former Council hall, a work by Sebastiano Galeotti (1676 – 1741), and the rare mechanism in iron of the Tower clock.
In recent years, significative restoration works have been undertaken to preserve the castle and make it available to visitors. Today the renovation of the tower is concluded and it is open to tourists.