Piazza Garibaldi, 5 - 43010 - Roccabianca (PR)
Phone: +39 0521374065
After the last decree DPCM of November 4, 2020 the castle in temporarily closed.
open from March to December.
Saturday from 2.30pm to 5.30pm, festivities from 10.00am to 11.00am and from 2.30pm to 5.30pm;
from April to October:
Saturday from 3.00pm to 6.00pm, festivities from 10.00am to 11.00am and from 3.00pm to 6.00pm;
November and December:
Saturday from 2.30pm to 5.30pm, festivities from 10.00am to 11.00am and from 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
Weekdays and groups reservation is mandatory minimum 15 people.
full price € 6,00; under 14 € 3,00; groups of min 20 people € 5,00
This imposing stronghold was built between 1450 and 1465 by Pier Maria Rossi as a gift for his beloved Bianca Pellegrini. Originally surrounded by a moat, it has a rectangular structure with two bastions and a high central tower and despite the damages of time, it still preserves its forceful appearance. On the ravelin, it displays the coat of arms of the Rangoni and Pallavicino families that took possession of the castle after the collapse of the Rossi family.
The interiors once boasted a cycle of frescoes depicting the Life of Griselda, inspired by the 100th novella of Boccaccio’s Decameron. Little remains today of it: the walls and vault of the room, together with the Pier Maria Rossi astrological cycle attributed to Nicolò da Varallo and his school have been detached and reassembled in the Castello Sforzesco in Milan. Thanks to long restoration works due to the last owner, cavalier Mario Scaltriti, the castle has been recently reopened to the public.
Tastings of typical products of the Road of Culatello and free tastings of local homemade liquors are also available by prebooking.
For children available the marvellous world of Fairy tales, open by prebooking.