Viale Delle Rimembranze, 5/A - 43123 - Parma (PR)
from April 1 to October 31 from 7am to 9pm; from November 1 to March 31 from 7am to 8pm.
Pier Luigi Farnese wanted to build this mighty military citadel located in the south of the city in 1546, but works began only in 1591.
The pentagonal rampart with five corner bastions was once surrounded by water and now encompasses a green public area of more than eleven hectares.
The enter is a marble gate with a rusticated lower order and a large coat of arms over the doorway.
Facilities include a playground for kids with merry-go-rounds, a fountain, sport tracks for jogging, an area for dogs, sport facilities and a bar.