Church of St Uldarico

Borgo Felino, 2 - 43121 - Parma (PR)

Phone: +39 0521228207

Opening times

open from 8am to 12pm and from 5.30pm to 7pm.


free entrance

Chiesa di Sant'Uldarico facciata


Chiesa di Sant'Uldarico

The ancient Benedictine Church of St. Uldarico was built before the year 1000 on the ruins of a Roman theatre of the imperial age, probably destroyed in the 6th century. First records of that building, of which only the rectangular tower partially survives, date back to 1005-1015.

In 1440 benedectine nuns decided to have the church and convent rebuilt with an arcaded cloister on the left, still decorated with fine terracotta friezes.