Via Carducci - 43121 - Parma (PR)
Phone: +39 0521231169
open every day from 7am to 6pm.
First mentioned in 835, the church of St. Bartolomeo was rebuilt in 1663. However, a wall of the former building still exists, as can be seen thanks to a few late Gothic windows on the left side.
The tower dates back to the 17th century while the façade was restored during works carried out in 1785.
The church was renovated once again in 1850-51 and the chapels were decorated by Girolamo Magnani.
Inside, a single nave is divided by grooved Corinthian style lesenes. In the apse stands a marble altar built in 1759 while the choir stalls and organ date back to the 18th century.
Several fine 17th and 18th century canvases by unknown painters are also kept inside the church.