Strada della Repubblica, 23 - 43121 - Parma (PR)
Phone: +39 0521233088
open every day from 8am to 7pm. Service on Sunday at 10.45am (on even days)
Even if it was first mentioned in 987AD, the present church of Santa Cristina was built in 1649 and can be considered one of the most valuable works of the 17th century. However, due to a lack of funds, both the higher and lower façade and the apse have remained incomplete.
The interior is divided into three aisles, marked by doric pillars, with four chapels on each side with a frescoed dome in front of each one.
The central aisle and the walls are frescoed too by painters Filippo Galletti and Alessandro Baratta.
The choir above the central portal and the wooden baluster of the greater altar date back to 1720-22. The stations of the Via Crucis were painted by Luigi Sabatelli from Florence.