Church of San Benedetto

Piazzale San Benedetto Da Norcia, 1 - 43121 - Parma (PR)

Phone: +39 0521234976

Opening times

open every day from 7am to 12pm and from 4pm to 7pm.

Prices

free entrance

Chiesa cattolica San Benedetto

Share

Annexed to the ancient Benedectine monastery dating back to 947, the church of St. Benedetto was rebuilt between 1491 and 1506 by Pellegrino da Pontremoli, Bernardino Zaccagni and master mason Angelo. A fine earthenware frieze decorates the facade while frescoes by Antonio Bresciani and Gaetano Ghidetti can still be seen in the three side chapels on the right and left.

Around the half of the 19th century, the ruined church was given to the Salesians, who took care of restoration works. Nowadays the former monastery is the seat of the Istituto Salesiano school.

Top