the cemetery was designed in 1817 by the Engineer Giuseppe Cocconcelli in a neoclassical style. Among the people who were first buried there there is (in the same year) the poet Angelo Mazza. In front of the entrance there is the main chapel (1819) dedicated to San Gregorio Magno. On the left side of the entrance lies the grave of Nicolò Paganini and next to it the one of Ildebrando Pizzetti. There are also several chapels built during period influenced by the Liberty style.