Via Toscana, 5/A - 43121 - Parma (PR)
the Auditorium is open only for performances and events.
A former sugar factory built in 1899 and dilapidated since the end of the 60’s, the Auditorium Paganini has been converted into a concert hall by famous architect Renzo Piano.
The main building, located in a park and still preserving its original architectural features, now houses a foyer, a hall, a stage as well as a bar, offices, a cloakroom and service rooms. Rehearsal rooms and rest-room facilities are hosted in the east annexe. A roofed open air space leads inside, where 780 seats cover a sloping single level.
The elimination of the main body’s transversal walls, replaced by large glass walls, provides transparency throughout the whole lenght of the building so that even during concerts the park can be seen from any viewpoint while soundproof panels hang from the trusses over the stage.