Piazza Garibaldi, 1/A - 43121 - Parma (PR)
the palace is open for exhibitions and events.
Located on the northern side of Piazza Garibaldi, the palace used to be the seat of the Capitano del Popolo and combines two buildings dating to 13th century.
After undergoing several transformations, it was redesigned in 1760 by Ennemond Alexandre Petitot, a French architect working at the court of Philip of Bourbon. The baroque tower built in 1763 preserves in the belfry the original bell of the civic tower, collapsed in 1606, while a crowned Virgo situated in the bell tower niche was made by the French sculptor J. B. Boudard. Worth of notice, two sundials on the facade dating back to 1829.
The palace is an important venue of modern and comtemporary art, where besides the calendar of temporary exhibitions, there are notable events such as workshops and meetings.